Thursday, November 20, 2008

fucking dead chicks

Soooo Cucalorus huh.. this year lived up to all my expectations. some great films some not so great ones some terrible ones and lots of drinking. soo i guess this post will be about the film is did not like so much. Dead Girl... soo background story I was really excited to see this film i love horror films even campy ones. It seemed like this would fit my mold. it was a pretty independent production as well soo i was pumped. I took a little break from downtown so i didnt get worn out my midnight so i could see Dead Girl.i had prior engagements to stop by a friend's birthday party. So i headed downtown at about 11 30 got a seat right up front and sat down to enjoy my film. By that point most of the people at the theater were quite intoxicated. I thought this would make for an interesting viewing experience. So by about 45 minutes through the film i started to become angry and this anger just contined to grow and grow with every use of the word "dude". I anyone says there was no arch to this film they are wrong there is an arch in the quality of acting. It progressively got worse and worse. i heard people argue that the dialogue was modern but i refuse to believe we all talk like dumbasses no a days. It was like if Highschool Musical fucked every bad horror film that came out in the last 2 years and had a "retarded" "dude" child. I hear a total of 45 people walked out of this film. As for myself i made it through the whole film and walked out of the theater at 2 to realize it was every too late to drink that shit out of head because all the bars had closed by that time. Okay soo maybe my review is a little harsh and exaggerated. but it was a learning experience. I know im not gunna like every film i got to at a film festival and this year i saw a few i was not fond of. Good dick was not so good dick maybe mediocre dick as a i put it in shannons paper. but its all for the better knowledge of my interest in film. Im just narrowing down the shit i will never ever put in my films. I will most likely stay away from teenie highschool films now.. I do like horror films but i dont think ive seen a good one in theaters in years. Im not into shock value. I mean two hours of fucking a dead chick. Dicks getting bitten in half... shitting out your intestines.. not me and i know that now. I mean just seeing this film didnt show me that but it sure as hell reassured it. I think ill stick to my classic horror films in private and makes film of another content. Another good asspect of seeing this is ... I feel way better about any idea that i have come up with when movies like these are getting produced out of the taint of the film industry. now i sound pompous again im exaggerating but i still say fuck Dead Girl. oh and ive learned i should ever do movie reviews either.. i learned that just now.. yeh

No comments: