Thursday, November 6, 2008

I got vomit on my sweata already moms pascetti

that was a 8 mile reference in no one got it... freestyle.. i duno fuck it. What i would like to talk about in this post actually has to do with an experimental film projects which was inspire mostly my this class and with the help of andre in the final cut field. im sure shannon will read this soo im sorry for no posting this on your blogg maybe ill link it or copy and paste or something. soo i recently completed my self portrait and after screaming my brains out and throwing my tripod at the wall and slicing open my finger i is finally outputted and ready for viewing .. a day after it was due. im very happy i didnt smash my computer but i should have know a couple of hundred still photos would give my mac a computer STD urethra blockage when i was outputting. So my self portrait was kinda bout me having stress problem as you can see in the sentences above.. very ironic that a work about me being stressed brought out the hate in my heart for inanimate objects. but anyway i basically made a skateboarding part with still photos in a flip book type format.. so the background information.. i am a skateboarder.. i have been skating since maybe 4th or 5th grade i used to skate competitions when i was younger. and the concept was that i am prescribed to anxiety drugs but i dont take them often and skateboarding really has been my escape. i could take my anger out on my board and it seemed that all my other problems went away soo i wanted to describe this visually. So i got on the phone with all the older filmers i knew and my friends from home and asked them to upload all the old videos they had to youtube. I had hours of vhs footage from when i was younger that i would editing along with a friend Bill Spice. So i rounded up clips that i liked visually not for necessarily the best trick i had done but ones that had some sort of visual appeal and often alot of those were of me falling on my face which i liked. i didnt want to to be perfect i wanted it to kind show my whole experience of skateboarding. and i focused on alot of riding shots because to me thats one of the most relaxing parts of skating. soo i took all the clips sped them up and exported them as image sequences. i then printed the image sequences on index sheets.. which didnt fucking print in numerically order soo i had to though them and re oder them. i bought sticker paper previously soo some were on sticker paper and some werent but i basically made flip books with the little picture and took and digital camera and re "filmed" them in a sense. it took a long fucking time to say the least. id experiment with backgrounds as well i tryed to find reflective surfaces.. i guess creating a motif in a sense.. glass beer bottles and cans i shot through a bowl of water and other semi symbolic images. often you cant tell what they are or what the trick is that im doing but.. i guess that the point..I tried to parallel that with a very blurry shot of myself to open the whole piece . this whole idea was taken from our 2 plabe stop animation sheet i thought the idea of making stills move was soo interesting. i almost felt like i was recreating the moving picture.. ha because that about how slow it was going .. but i really liked the result and ill give u a link to my other blogg where its posted.. but thank you again for cutting my work in half.these alot more to talk about with my sound design but that doesnt concert this class as much anddddddd... im freestyled out.. you just got served

No comments: